Steps for the registration process for the TMR 2022
In order to register the TMR 2022, it will be necessary to register the institution. The registration of the institution has no additional cost to the registration fee. This is an additional step that is required in order to have more precise control in the categories that have a team limit per institution, as well as to have clear statistics on the number of participants from each institution in all categories. If you registered teams in the latest editions of the TMR, please use the same user to access the registration system, if you do not have a user, create a new one to access the system. Each institution can be registered by a single user and is the one who must register all the teams and participants of the same.
Registration of the institution
The registration of the institution will be slightly different for the case of institutions with official accreditation (secondary schools, high schools, universities, research centers) that for the case of robotics schools.
For the institutions with official accreditation The "Validation Document of the Institution" is an official document that certifies the full name of the institution, as well as the campus that is registering (where applicable), these can be:
- Official document issued by an educational authority while having the name of the institution and the campus.
- Internal official document while having the name of the institution and the campus.
- Teacher's credential while having the name of the institution and the campus.
In the case of robotics schools According to the type of representation they will have, they must attach the following:
- At the robotics-campus school level (branch), for which a letter from the school must be attached specifying the name of the school, campus, address, contact and main phone number signed by the campus address.
- At the robotics school-educational institution level, for which a letter from the school must be attached specifying the name of the school, campus, address, contact and main phone number signed by the campus address, as well as mentioning the institution to the one that represents and attach some of the “Validation Documents of the Institution” mentioned in the case of institutions with official accreditation.
Complete registration procedure
The following describes the complete registration process that all teams wishing to compete must complete:
- Request the registration of your institution, a task that is only required for the first team. It is suggested to perform this step in advance as it is necessary to go through an internal validation process that can take up to 48 hours.
- If you require an invoice, register your billing information in the system within the Institution Register prior to registering your equipment and sending your registration. In case of not filling in the correct and complete data the invoice will not be generated.
- Enter the data of teams and team members (competitors, team leaders and mentors / advisors).
- When you have complete data of all the teams and members, you must send your registration request, as of that moment changes in the number of members are not allowed. It is possible to make data changes of people up to 1 week before starting the tournament.
- The system will calculate the amount to be paid and provide you with a deposit key. Make your payment and upload your payment receipt in the registration system.
- Verify that the entered data appear as "Validated OK", and that your equipment appears as "Registered Team"; if we detect inconsistencies we will indicate it in the system. All inconsistencies must be resolved before the start of the tournament.
- We ask you to complete and send the record of all the information of your teams and team members before making your deposit. Depositing any amount without having the registration and deposit key does not guarantee a fee level or take place in the tournament.
- Enrollment periods may be closed if the capacity of the event or categories is exceeded.
- Teachers who accompany the team and who wish to have a diploma that recognizes their participation in the event, but do not require them to be assigned to the team work table, may register as mentors. Because they do not occupy a place in the work table, mentors do not count towards the limit of participants per team.
- For teams: a Technical Description Paper (TDP) and the URL to a video uploaded by the team to an online video service (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) can now be registered. Check the conditions of competition in the Official TMR 2022 site and the Selection criteria for Major categories, since for some categories it is mandatory to provide these materials.
- For team members: the age limits and number of members are validated according to the characteristics of each sub-league. For example, Major categories do not ask for age limits, but Junior categories request participants according to the conditions indicated by RoboCupJunior (see RCJ official site). See especially the Conditions for participation for Junior categories in the TMR 2022.
- For the participants and mentors it is necessary to attach a proof of their date of birth. Examples of valid documents are: the CURP certificate in PDF format that can be downloaded from the website of CURP queries, IFE / INE or passport; Any official document with the name and date of birth of the participant is valid.
- For JUNIOR team participants it is necessary to attach the current school card. The 50% of the participants in the team must belong to the Educational Institution represented.
- After you have sent the pre-registration for the first time, the participants' data will be validated. Initially you can enter and verify that they are “to be validated”, but a few days later you will see the result of the review. Here you will see if this review determined that the participant's photo or date of birth is wrong. To be allowed to register and compete, the validation of each member must be "correct."